[Athen] Requesting advice from those already in the field?

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 09:42:36 PST 2007

Hello,

I am not yet a member of ATHEN; but, I could think of no better place to pose this question than here. If my query is off topic for this list, please forgive me.

I am currently in the process of applying and interviewing for AT coordinator positions at several institutions. I have had years of experience in the industry, including the provision of AT consulting for several colleges and universities on a contract basis.

I therefore feel that I have a reasonable general understanding of what such a position would involve at a fulltime level. But, what I'm looking for is to correspond with a person or persons who already do this sort of work. What types of activities does the day to day of the job involve? What aspects of the job are most rewarding, and conversely, what, if any obstacles do you have to deal with in terms of providing the best services possible?

As they say, the interview process is a two way street, so what should I be looking for, and what kinds of questions should I ask my perspective management in order to insure that the program would be placed in the best position to succeed?

Thanks very much in advance; and again, if this is off topic, please feel free to contact me off list at the following email:
alpuzz at gmail.com

Best regards,

--Al Puzzuoli