[Athen] Freedom Scientific Workshop at The Carroll Center Technology Center

eileen berger bergerei at gse.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 24 11:28:50 PST 2007

Hi ,
I would like to attend the presentation with my assistant Orpha Rivera.
Thanks,
Eileen Berger
ads at gse.harvard.edu

--On Wednesday, January 24, 2007 9:32 AM -0500 Dina Rosenbaum
<dina.rosenbaum at carroll.org> wrote:

> Join Eric Damery of Freedom Scientific on Tuesday, February 13 - at

> The Carroll Center - Newton, MA For "The Past, Present and Future of

> JAWS Screen Reading Technology"

> Eric Damery, Vice President of Software Product Management, for

> Freedom Scientific Blind/ Low Vision Group will discuss the evolution

> of JAWS screen reading technology. Eric will detail the key milestones

> in the development of JAWS, current features in JAWS 8.0, as well as,

> what the future holds for JAWS.

> Participants* in this workshop will learn more about accessibility to

> the PC and key applications utilizing JAWS screen reading software.

> Specific areas to be covered will include JAWS interfacing with

> desktop applications; navigating the Internet; Braille support;

> communicating with offsite computers and integration with other

> Freedom Scientific software and hardware technology. The new Windows

> VISTA operating system will be covered as well.

> One session will be held at The Carroll Center in Newton, MA from

> 9:30am to Noon.

> *The workshop(s) is designed for JAWS users; Assistive Technology/

> Information Technology professionals; Teachers of the Visually Impaired;

> Disability Service Providers and Special Educators.

> Space is limited so please RSVP to register for this event.

> To register by phone/ email - contact:

> The Carroll Center

> Tel: 617-969-6200 x274

> Email: nicki.haller at carroll.org

> Vision Dynamics LLC, (Freedom Scientific Premiere Channel Partner)

> Tel: 617-584-6539

> Email: janderson at visiondynamics.com

> Bill Kilroy, Freedom Scientific Director/ Regional Manager

> Tel: (800)-444-4443 x1188

> Email: Billk at Freedomscientific.com

> Event Logistics:

> Date: February 13, 2007

> Time: 9:30 am - 12 noon

> Location: The Carroll Center

> 770 Centre Street

> Newton, MA 02458

> The workshop will be held in the Carroll Center Computer Training Center.

> Best regards,

> Bill Kilroy

> Director, Eastern Regional Sales

> Freedom Scientific Blind/ Low Vision Group

> Toll free: 1-800-444-4443 x1188

> Tel: 508-520-9639

> Fax: 508-520-9737

> http://www.Freedomscientific.com

> Freedom Scientific Low Vision Solutions Web Page

> http://www.Lowvisionsolutions.com

> This email should only be sent to those who have asked to receive it.

> To unsubscribe, return to the web form where you first subscribed and

> click the "unsubscribe" button, or contact the owner of the website.

> --

> Dina Rosenbaum

> Carroll Center for the BLind

> 770 Centre St, Newton, MA 02459

> 800-852-3131

> www.carroll.org

> www.carrolltech.org

Eileen Connell Berger
Assistant Director
Office of Student Affairs,
Access and Disability Services Administrator
Harvard University
Graduate School of Education
Larsen Hall G05
14 Appian Way,
Cambridge, Ma. 02138
phone: 617 495 5838
fax: 617 496 8024
bergerei at gse.harvard.edu

This message is intended for the designated recipient(s). It may contain
confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to
confidentiality protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you may
not review copy or distribute this message. If you receive this in error,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.