[Athen] Training manual for Macaw

Sean Keegan skeegan at htctu.net
Tue Jan 30 13:42:20 PST 2007

Hello all,

To deal with the growing popularity of QuickTime content, I have put
together a training manual on the use of Macaw. Macaw is a lightweight
captioning tool for the synchronization of text and multimedia for the
QuickTime media player only. It is Mac and PC compatible and is available
at no cost. It is necessary to have QuickTime Pro to complete the entire
process.

More information on Macaw can be found at:
http://www.whitanderson.com/macaw/

I have put the PDF version of the manual up on the HTCTU training manual
site at the bottom of the page:
http://www.htctu.net/trainings/manuals/tutmain.htm

I also have some instructions on how to integrate a captioning "toggle" to
enable/disable captions during playback.

This is the first draft, so give your feedback!

Take care,
Sean

Sean Keegan
Web Accessibility Instructor
High Tech Center Training Unit of the California Community Colleges