[Athen] July 4th - Greek screen reader?

Patrick Burke burke at ucla.edu
Thu Jul 5 12:44:24 PDT 2007

Hi E.A.,

I'm not sure who controls the weather, but I think you're right about
Greek screen-reading capability.

Although these folks say they have used their speech synthesizer with
Freedom Sci. products (as well as Dolphin):

<http://www.e-rhetor.com/en/products/visual/index.html>

& there's something interesting going on at:

http://www.blind.gr/

My only direct experience is that Jaws 8 displays Greek characters on
a braille display, but can't pronounce most of them. Not sure if they
have a localized version that works better (which, I think, brings us
back to the E-Rhetor project).

Patrick

--
Patrick J. Burke