[Athen] How Do You Make Wise Software Choices for Accessibility?

Prof Norm Coombs norm.coombs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 10:10:38 PDT 2007

We all know that schools and colleges regularly make purchases of important
software without bothering to investigate whether or not it is accessible
for students or staff with disabilities.

Does your institution have any process to compel or encourage software
purchases to meet some test of its accessibility? Does your DSS or AT
people have any input into such choices??

I am hoping to find about places that are making some sincere attempt to
see that important software decisions will be accessible.

I hope you have some good news to share!

Norm Coombs
EASI (Equal Access to Software and Information)