[Athen] Networking AT Software

James Bailey jbailey at uoregon.edu
Mon Jun 4 15:43:50 PDT 2007

Hi Lorna,

UO networks the licensing authorization, but not the applications for JAWS and Zoomtext. So we have to install applications individually at each workstation, but the authorization comes from a server.

The benefit to us is that we can install a 100 (or more) seats, but only have ten licenses.

Our student computing labs operate very independently, so it makes more sense for each lab manager to decide how he or she wants to install JAWS or Zoomtext.

- James

--
James Bailey
Adaptive Technology Access Adviser, University of Oregon
jbailey at uoregon.edu