[Athen] FW: House Subcommittee Vote Could End Booksfor the Blind.

Kestrell kestrell at panix.com
Sun Jun 10 08:29:04 PDT 2007

Pratik,

Actually, I would love to hear more of this rant, as it is one of the most
informative rants I have heard on the subject. Are you writing or otherwise
blogging about this somewhere?

As a blind reader, I have my own rants on this subject, including the fact
that the NLS and RFBD increasing levels of DRM have made reading their books
so onerous that I rarely read anything from these libraries anymore. All my
"special" hardware players have died, and I refuse to allow the RFBD to
install anything on my beloved Book Port, and I am probably going to have my
twenty+ year membership to RFBD lapse as I refuse to sign the third DRM
end-user agreement in three years that i was sent.

Alicia/Kestrell