[Athen] Request for Proposals: Accessing Higher Ground 2007

Howard Kramer Howard.Kramer at Colorado.EDU
Wed Mar 7 15:34:53 PST 2007

Hello All:

Here is the RFP for the first round of proposals. I anticipate we will
provide the same discount to ATHEN members as last year - we can discuss
further at the CSUN meeting. If you feel that particular speakers or
particular topics are needed for the conference, please forward this RFP on
to the appropriate party.

Thank you,

Howard Kramer

Request for Proposals

Accessing Higher Ground:

Accessible Media, Web & Technology Conference

November 6-9, 2007

Millennium Hotel - Boulder, Colorado

Keynote Speaker: E.A. Draffan

The University of Colorado at Boulder invites speaker proposals for its 10th
annual Accessing Higher Ground Conference. The conference, which takes place
adjacent to the Boulder campus, focuses on the implementation and benefits
of Assistive Technology and Accessible Media in the university and college
setting. Other topic areas cover legal and policy issues, including ADA and
508 compliance. The creation of accessible media and information resources,
including Web pages and library resources are a particular focus of the
conference. For the main conference, accepted out-of-town speakers will
receive a 15% discount off conference registration fees. Local speakers will
receive a 5% discount. Additional incentives are provided for accepted
pre-conference proposals. For more information, use the contact information
below.

To see a list of past workshops, visit our conference Web page. A presenter
application form is also available at the conference Web site. Please mail,
fax or e-mail the completed application to Disability Services at CU-Boulder
by March 30.

Contact Information

Disability Services: 303-492-8671

e-mail: hkramer at colorado.edu