[Athen] (no subject)

Nusen, Michael Michael.Nusen at ppcc.edu
Tue Mar 20 14:22:19 PDT 2007

To my dismay, I was informed today by a vendor that the attached
ErgoLogic keyboard was discontinued in 2003!
Does anyone have a source for used ones & have ones they'd like to sell?
I'm looking for 2-4 keyboards.
I've seen keyboard with 1/2 qwerty's either in a fixed vertical position
or ones that don't provide enough adjustability for the 1/2 qwerty's in
the 40-90 degree range.
I'd appreciate any suggestions for alternatives...

The student isn't currently a candidate for voice recognition as he's
currently taking a JAWS class to supplement his use of ZoomText
magnifier/screen reader & for professional reasons. Perhaps jawbones to
combine Dragon with JAWS is in his future, but we currently have a more
immediate need for a ergo keyboard due to a temporary condition that may
turn out to be more long term in nature. In the meantime, I'm providing
a fixed ergo keyboard and a split adjustable one (Kineses Maxim) in 2
different locations - neither one is providing complete relief. For the
Maxim keyboard, I had to custom shape foam blocks with multiplaner
angles to provide support under the wrist supports.

I've seen the Kinesis Freestyle split keyboard online showing the
incline/VIP http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/freestyle.htm but again, they
don't provide enough adjustability in the ranges I mentioned. Last
resort may be to just use something off the shelf like 2 adjustable
document holders or custom make something.

Thank you,

Michael Nusen
Coordinator, OASIS/CAC
(Office of Accommodative Services and Instructional Support/Computer
Access Center)
Pikes Peak Community College
michael.nusen at ppcc.edu <mailto:michael.nusen at ppcc.edu>