[Athen] Advice for colleague in Ireland

Enda P Guinan enda.guinan at nuim.ie
Thu May 24 05:56:53 PDT 2007

Thanks Daniel,

I might not have expressed myself clearly enough, I think.

We have an established AT service so we're OK on the software etc
needed, but we need to make a case for institution-wide changes in
the way our service is delivered. UCD is one of the largest colleges
in Ireland (30,000 students), so would not be suitable as a comparison.

I'm looking for advice from a small institute (fewer than 10,000
students), probably in the US or UK, who may already have the kinds
of facilities I described in the first email, namely,

a) AT software installed centrally rather than locally.
b) AT software installation and maintenance mainstreamed as part of
Computer Services rather than by the Disability Service and
c) An alt format system in place perhaps in conjunction with the library.

Thanks

Enda