[Athen] AHG thoughts

Kelmer, Susan M. SKelmer at stlcc.edu
Mon Nov 12 08:39:32 PST 2007

Back in my office after a lovely week in Colorado at the Accessing
Higher Ground conference. Wow what an experience this year. I learned
more this year than last, and made some new connections, which is
wonderful for me. The more networking, the more I don't feel so alone
in what I do.

Great updated information on eText and Alt Format production, every year
I learn one more trick or tip that will keep me moving forward. I also
attended some sessions that were out of my normal area of concern, like
508/504 compliance and the Office of Civil Rights lecture. While I
might not have direct responsibility for many of these things, it is
good to know what laws are backing up what we do. It helps me to better
advocate for my needs here.

And Dann, you're a fireball as usual, and I thank you for taking the
time to talk with me about Daisy. I have a new road to build here
regarding Daisy, and you've given me some good tools to work with.

Susan Kelmer
Coordinator
Information ACCESS Lab
St. Louis Community College at Meramec