[Athen] Microsoft and Daisy Plug-ins

Kelmer, Susan M. SKelmer at stlcc.edu
Wed Nov 14 10:05:18 PST 2007

Norm wrote:
I want to agree with the positive remarks by Nolan and Robert.

If someone thinks that some piece of software will act like magic and
create great text, it won't happen.

We used to think that about voice recognition, too. "It'll never work"
we said. Then Dragon 9 came out and worked better out of the box than
anything we could have imagined even a year or two ago.

I believe this will happen with book production too. "It'll never
work," we say. Well, it may not happen in the next six months or year,
but I'm laying odds it's going to happen and in a relatively short
amount of time. The hand-production of these alternate formats is going
to become so easy and fast that we will be able to say, "finally,
something that works!"

-Susan Kelmer