[Athen] Heard of the Index Braille products?

Heidi Scher hascherdss at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 09:24:17 PST 2007

One of the other higher ed institutions in Arkansas is asking around about
this brailler. Is anyone familiar with it? I figured if anyone around has
heard of it, it would be someone in our great ATHENites!

Their specific questions:

It's very light, fairly small, but very fast for the price compared with
Enabling Technologies models. Could it be plastic--it's SO much lighter than
the ET models? Would it hold up over time? Would it work with Duxbury or
would the software that comes with it (from Sweden I presume) work? It's
quite a bit less expensive than the faster ET models, too.

Embosser
http://www.sighted.com/english/embossers.html

Manugacturer
http://www.indexbraille.com/ <blocked::http://www.indexbraille.com/>