[Athen] [ATHEN] FW: [bksvol-discuss] Great news about Bookshare.org

Robert Martinengo accessible.text at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 06:45:50 PDT 2007

Hey Ron - great post. I don't think folks were really jumping to
conclusions as much as getting a little carried away by the promise of
all that cash. I tried to inject a little sobriety in to the mix, and
you have definitely added to that.

The only thing I can add to your excellent summation is that we are
under no obligation to give Bookshare, or any other organization, a
'fair chance'. Our job should be to keep the pressure on them from the
start, until they deliver on their promises. The students deserve no
less. I think Jim Fruchterman waived any 'honeymoon' period when he
accepted $32 x-large from Uncle Sam...