[Athen] FW: Bookshare.org for Education Update

Ron Stewart ron.stewart at dolphinusa.com
Sat Oct 6 23:24:24 PDT 2007

Just some follow up comments before I head of to the airport:

What are the standards of quality that are going to be used in the
development of this content? Due to the current high variability in
Bookshare materials due to the volunteer nature of the operation, is a
standard style guide going to be implemented and are volunteers going to be
required to adhere to it.

Second thougth how are institutions going to insure that their obligations
are being met, when they will not typically be involved in the alt format
transactions in this model? What happens if a student gets "bad" materials
through Bookshare or any other third party provide, and their grades suffer
accordingly?

Have a good day!

Ron Stewart