[Athen] [ATHEN] Idea: Bookshare + RFB&D = national provider

Robert Martinengo accessible.text at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 10:09:29 PDT 2007

Pratik,

In Bookshare's abstract, they are basically building the same system
RFB&D already has, but with etext instead of audio. They say they will
add descriptions of images - well, that's what RFB&D readers do right
now. RFB&D already has thousands of subject expert volunteers in their
studios. No offence to Bookshare, but their expertise seems to be in
romance, mysteries, and sci-fi.

Bob