[Athen] DNS assessment question

nettiet at frontiernet.net nettiet at frontiernet.net
Tue Oct 9 13:33:06 PDT 2007

Good day to all,

I am in the process of completing an assessment on speech-to-text and
would love some input from persons who have more experience with
speech-to-text and would be grateful for opinions.

Assessment Outcome: The client/student performs at a level that
demonstrates that DNS as a viable option?

There are so many variables once the assessment process is complete
-all which heavily rely on the training that the 'student' is willing
to put in and the follow through on the equipment recommendations to
support the software.

I have found that even if a student demonstrates the capability and
functional baseline skills, if the student does not want to put in the
time, and/or the equipment is less than recommended, the assessment
pretty much loses its validity.

How do others addess this issue with regards to recommendations. Are
there more specifice guidelines to help determine the true potential
of S-2-Text?

If the assesment report denotes the equipment recommenations and
training needs, there is still no guarantee that these recommendations
will be followed. I include a recommended trial period but, the cost
factor may be the deterent for school districts; "why spend so much
for just a trial?" How do others address this issue?

Feel free to email me off list-serve at nettiet at gmail.com

Thank you,
Nettie