[Athen] Nomination of Officers

Heidi Scher hascherdss at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:07:48 PDT 2007

Hello ATHENians!

I would like to formally cast my name in the hat for the position of Treasurer.

Over the past 10 years, I have served on the Ark-AHEAD board.
(Ark-AHEAD is the state of Arkansas affiliate to AHEAD.) During this
time frame, I served as Treasurer for several years, Web master for
several years, Vice Chair, and Chair for 2.5 years. Through serving
in multiple positions, I have gained a solid understanding of
organization structure and various position responsibilities. As
Treasurer specifically, I gained experience in all areas regarding
monetary considerations for the organization including collecting
dues, revamping and maintaining a membership database, establishing
and maintaining a checking account for the organization, payment of
expenditures, processing funds received for conferences/workshops
sponsored by the organization, as well as reporting to the board and
membership on all treasury activities.

In one of my former careers, I worked in the financial industry for
over 11 years in a variety of positions which included financial
counseling and planning. With the experiences that I gained through
Ark-AHEAD, other business organizations, and my professional career, I
believe that I have the necessary qualifications to serve ATHEN as
Treasurer with honesty and integrity.

Thank you for your consideration!

Heidi Scher

--