[Athen] FW: ANNOUNCEMENT: Web Accessibility Specialist Position at
skeegan at htctu.net
Wed Oct 31 12:53:26 PDT 2007
For those interested in a Web accessibility position in the Mid-West. See
below for additional information...
Please consider this position or pass the information to people you might
think would be interested. It is an exciting opportunity to be part of the
UIUC web accessibility team and Provost initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Customizes or recodes software and web interfaces to improve functional
* Works with CITES developers from the initial planning stages of new
applications to incorporate accessibility and user-centered design;
* Educates developers and service managers about accessible design and best
* Contributes to annual Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE) report on
web accessibility regarding improvements in CITES services;
* Works with Documentation Group manager to develop metrics of success for
* Stays abreast of new accessibility technologies and standards;
* Shares knowledge with colleagues in CITES, DRES, and the library.
More information at:
Jon Gunderson, Ph.D.
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology (DRES)
More information about the athen-list