[Athen] Macs and Braille translation

John Gardner john.gardner at orst.edu
Tue Sep 4 15:21:25 PDT 2007

Hi Ron, I haven't used this application, but I know that it uses the
liblouisxml braille translator that John Boyer has written. ViewPlus is the
major sponsor of that open source project and is currently working on
debugging. The literary braille and Nemeth math are both fairly good right
now. I know it can input both XHTML and DAISY
with math in MathML. Greg Kerney is very approachable if you have
questions about the UI parts.

John

_____