[Athen] Question about renewing ATHEN registrations at AHG

Dann Berkowitz dann at digilifemedia.biz
Thu Aug 7 04:07:13 PDT 2008

Good morning everyone,

ATHEN members would certainly welcome a way to renew their memberships when registering for the Accessing Higher Ground conference. T his needs to be as simple a process  as possible. The form used last year was a bit confusing to individuals trying to register f or the conference, become members AND calculate the discount. If I recall from last year, changes to the  form should be fairly easy to make - it's a matter of how the information is presented .

It may be too cumbersome for institutions to renew using the conference form. I recommend information on the form directing Institutional Members (and those interested in becoming Institutional Memebers) to contact the Membership Coordinator directly. On the registration form there needs to be a way for attendees from Institutional Members to indicate this. This issue should be alleviated by the proposed bylaw change regarding a set membership year.

Let me know if you'd like me to take a look at the draft form.

Best --- Dann

Daniel Berkowitz, CEO
DigiLife Media, LLC
1 Bryant Avenue