[Athen] Kurzweil 3000 question

John Elmer JElmer at vcccd.edu
Tue Feb 5 13:21:16 PST 2008

We use the License to Go feature in K3000 to install on student computers.
Actually, we give them a disk, they install, and give use the K3000
generated System ID # and with that we give them a license that is good
for a specified time period, after which the program disables and the
license is automatically re-established for use on our server. It is
slick. We don't have an AT lab, as such, though we do have a classroom
that is used to teach AT to students. Our AT is integrated into campus
computer labs and we will be implementing server based delivery to further
enhance this integration.

John

Larry Kiser <larry.kiser at sfcc.edu>
Sent by: athen-bounces at athenpro.org
02/05/2008 10:45 AM
Please respond to
Access Technologists in Higher Education Network <athen at athenpro.org>

Access Technologists in Higher Education Network <athen at athenpro.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Athen] Kurzweil 3000 question

Glen:

At our college all nine computers in our adaptive technology lab and
testing lab have Kurzweil 3000 client installations to run this program
off a server. In addition there are similarly configured computer
workstations in the general open computer lab, writing and reading labs,
library, adult education lab and assessment center. We have one computer
in the adaptive technology lab with an installation of Kurzweil 1000. Four
stand alone licenses are available to install on computers at our other
centers that are not on the network.

We do not install the software on personal computers. We do provide
students with purchasing information.

Larry Kiser, Counselor
Disabilities Resource Center
Santa Fe Community College