[Athen] Searching Video Lectures - MIT lecture search engine

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Wed Jan 9 16:43:02 PST 2008

We have looked at other similar products, and while they do a fairly decent
job of indexing material, they are not even close to creating accurate
word-for-word transcripts.

If all you want is to know the kinds of words being spoken five minutes into
an audio file, it works. If you actually want to know what is being said, it
does not work.

Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich
High Tech Center Training Unit of the
California Community Colleges