[Athen] Fwd: Resending: Test documents for the Microsoft Save as DAISY XML Plug-in

Dick Banks dick.banks at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 07:52:22 PST 2008

George looking for some help.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: George Kerscher <kerscher at montana.com>
Date: Jan 10, 2008 9:48 AM
Subject: Resending: Test documents for the Microsoft Save as DAISY XML
Plug-in
To: EASI at listserv.icors.org

Hello again,

I sent the message below over the holiday break. We are still in need of
more test documents. There is also a planned beta release of the translator
for late January.

Sorry if you get this more than once.
Best
George
***
Dear All,

In support of the announced plug-in for Microsoft Word, Save as DAISY XML,
we are seeking documents for testing. We are looking for documents from:
-Publishers
-Alternative Media Producers (AMP), such as libraries serving the blind and
print disabled or university offices providing services to students with
disabilities.
-educators
-individuals

The DAISY Consortium, Microsoft, and the sub-contractors working on the
"Save as
DAISY XML" plug-in for Microsoft Word respect the rights of document owners.
The
copyright and any intellectual property contained in the documents submitted

will be honored. The documents submitted will be used only for testing the
translator. The documents will not be shared outside the small group working
on
the project. Each person working on the project has agreed to keep the
documents
secure. We are asking those submitting the documents to password protect the
zipped files and to place them in a secure area.

We can take files in Word 2007, 2003, and in Word XP. All languages are
accepted.

To start the process, please visit:

http://www.daisy.org/projects/save-as-daisy-microsoft/
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly.

Best
George

George Kerscher Ph.D.
Access to information is a fundamental human right in our Information Age.
Senior Officer, Accessible Information
Recording For the Blind & Dyslexic (RFB&D)
http://www.rfbd.org
Secretary General, DAISY Consortium
http://www.daisy.org
Co-chair Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), a division of the W3C
http://www.w3c.org/wai
Board Representative to the International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF)
http://www.idpf.org
Phone: +1 406/549-4687
Email: kerscher at montana.com

--
Dick Banks
CTO - EASI: Equal Access to Software and Information

Online Courses Starting Feb. 4
Syllabus for Barrier-free Web Design
http://easi.cc/workshops/easiweb.htm