[Athen] ABBYY Fine Reader 9 Problems

Marks, Jim marks at mso.umt.edu
Thu Jan 24 16:09:37 PST 2008

Just in the way of an update so that others can benefit from our folly,
we decided to roll back to ABBYY Fine Reeder version 8 from version 9.
Version 9 files take up so much space, we do not have the drive capacity
to accommodate it. However, version 9 looks to be a much better program
in other ways, so we plan to go back to version 9 after we invest in a
larger capacity server. It will have to wait until after the spring
semester rush, though. One last thing to mention is that the technical
support from FR told us that they were unaware of this issue. Files
that are 10 times or more larger makes for quite the unexpected problem,
though.

Thanks!

Jim Marks
Director of Disability Services