[Athen] Dragon use during exams

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at msu.edu
Sun Jul 20 08:59:36 PDT 2008

In my mind, the question would be, "What is the balance between
accommodating in any way possible, as opposed to protecting the
integrity of the test taking environment?" There's no right answer, but
it's hard enough to lock things down tightly on a centrally managed PC.
If a student were using his/her own computer, doing so would be
virtually impossible. In such a situation, if that student decided that
she wanted to cheat, she would find a way, so I wouldn't worry too much
about Dragon in particular.

Al Puzzuoli

Michigan State University

Information Technologist
http://www.rcpd.msu.edu

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities

120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI 48824-1033