[Athen] SurveyMonkey and 508

Patrick Burke burke at ucla.edu
Thu Jun 19 14:43:55 PDT 2008

A quick check here shows very positive results. The new SurveyMonkey
templates do in fact make a dramatic difference, esp. for screen
reader navigation.

The clearest improvement is the "On a scale of 1-5" type questions,
which have always been difficult to navigate reliably. Now I can
navigate through using either table navigation commands or the arrow
keys to change radio button selection.

Some duplicate/repetitive reading of labels, but overall good.

Thanks for joining the party, SurveyMonkey! ...

One potential downside: I didn't find any mention in the press
release about the survey creation tool itself being 508 compliant.
More research for next week. ...

Patrick

--
Patrick J. Burke