[Athen] History of ATHES

Howard Kramer Howard.Kramer at Colorado.EDU
Mon Mar 3 13:17:23 PST 2008

Hi Rose,

Sorry for this very late reply. It looks like ATHES began around the end of
1999. That's the earliest dates I've found on files related to the group.
I'm ccing the rest of the group to see if anyone has another recollection
but it looks like we first met around October of 1999.

I also pasted our original mission statement below:

The ATHES seeks to network and collaborate with other AT professionals in
higher education in Colorado and Wyoming. This networking/collaborative
relationship will facilitate best practices for providing assistive
technologies and the leadership and collective voice necessary to assist our
respective schools with providing equal access to technology and educational
resources and materials in inclusive settings.

Let me know if you need any additional info.

Best,

Howard

Howard Kramer
Assistive Technology Lab Coordinator