[Athen] Computer Science student -- Braille?

Dawn Hunziker hunziker at email.arizona.edu
Fri May 9 14:00:45 PDT 2008

Hi all,

The University of Arizona is expecting a new Computer Science student
for the fall who is blind. This will be our first attempt at Brailling
Math / Science materials in quite a while and I know that a lot has
changed in terms of software / methods.

So, we have a license for Scientific Notebook and Duxbury... If we're
able to re-create the formulas using this program, will the formulas
transfer into a Nemeth Braille format without any issues? For Braille
Embossers, we have a Juliet Pro and a Tiger. Do we need to look at
hiring someone to create the Nemeth Braille for this student?

Thanks for your advice and expertise -- have a good weekend,

Dawn
--

Dawn Hunziker
Assistive Technology Coordinator