[Athen] Tablet PC's

E.A. Draffan ea at emptech.info
Sun May 18 07:33:08 PDT 2008

By Skype? I am working with a student using a Toshiba Portege and I have
the latest M700 (UK version comes without a web cam sadly!). I
particularly like the use of OneNote for jottings.

I will be writing short tips and strategies with students in the coming
months as part of the LexDis project and they should be on the web by the
end of August. Cross fingers!

Maybe someone nearer home on this blog may be able to help although not
directly related to any access issues that may arise.
http://tabletpceducation.blogspot.com/

As a warning Toshiba's come with a load of their own software from finger
print to updates and management suites! It definitely pays to have a
non-shiny screen and the Toshiba one seems so much better than my last one.
Turn off touch and depend on pen if you keep having wayward strokes
upsetting the results. Reduce the sensitivity of the mouse and in the case
of the Toshiba try not to lean on the area around the touch pad when typing
as the cursor will jump etc!

Best wishes E.A.

Mrs E.A. Draffan
Learning Societies Lab,