[Athen] Pro & con question in re technology

Wink Harner wink.harner at mcmail.maricopa.edu
Tue Nov 4 09:16:24 PST 2008

Hi all DSSHE-Landers & Athenites,

Our Center for Teaching & Learning is setting up some beta-testing for our
faculty to preview workshops on hybrid/online course creation.

My question on ALL of these programs is how accessible are they for screen
readers/JAWS software and/or any conflicts with other assistive technologies
used with our students?

Here are the programs being testing along with their websites:

MediaSite
http://www.sonicfoundry.com/mediasite/

Echo360
http://www.echo360.com/the-echosystem/

Tegrity
http://tegrity.com/

Any of you with experience &/or knowledge of these programs who can respond,
I would greatly appreciate it! Our CTL is listening to us in regards to accessibility
and I will gladly share your insights with them.

Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom!

Wink

Ms. Wink Harner
Manager
Disability Resources & Services