[Athen] Memorial Blog for Carl Brown

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Wed Nov 26 12:55:27 PST 2008

As most of you have heard by now, Carl Brown, founder and long-time director
of the High Tech Center Training Unit (HTCTU), passed away on November 21.
We wanted to create a space in which anyone who wished to could share
memories, stories, thoughts, or condolences. Thanks to Sam Ogami and Jayme
Johnson, we now have posted on the HTCTU Web site a memorial blog to Carl.

http://www.htctu.net/

There is a picture of Carl and a link to the blog on the site.

Please feel free to visit the blog, read what others have shared, and share
your own tribute to this amazing man who touched so many of us. If anyone
has digital photos of Carl or the HTCTU that they would like to include in
the blog, please send them to me, and we will post them for you.

There will be a memorial service here on the De Anza College campus in the
Flint Center at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 4. The HTCTU will have
coffee and light refreshments available the day of the service, starting at
about 10:30 a.m., so if anyone gets in early for the memorial, please feel
free to stop by. We intend to put together a slide show of pictures of Carl
and the HTCTU and have it running in the lab, so you can just come and sit
for a while, if you wish.

Martha has asked that, rather than flowers, individuals who wish to do so
make a donation to a scholarship in Carl's name. More information on how to
contribute should be available within the next day or so.

Thank you all for your warm wishes. It means a lot to us here at the HTCTU.

Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich
High Tech Center Training Unit of the
California Community Colleges
De Anza College, Cupertino, CA