[Athen] The New and Improved Perkins Brailler

eileen berger bergerei at gse.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 3 06:39:43 PDT 2008

HI All,
I have a colleague at Emerson College, Anthony Bashir, who asks if anyone
has
*a model for designing an ad hoc access technology committee or *who has
conducted a survey/study of accessibility and/or
*is willing to share results or their survey questions for this small
liberal arts college?
Thanks,
Eileen

--On Friday, October 03, 2008 8:13 AM -0400 Dann Berkowitz
<dann at digilifemedia.biz> wrote:

> New and imprtoved with less weight, less noise, and less force - it will

> be with you wherever you go.

> [http://www.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2008/10/03/a_lighter_

> touch/]

> The Boston Globe has a story this morning on the new and improved Perkins

> Brailler. Anyone who has used one of these stalwarts of access knows they

> are not the most user friendly for our 21st century ultra portable ideal

> of communication. While others have been mucking about with trying to add

> text to speech to cell phones, or make DAISY players that are unplugged

> on the go, or even tactile electronic paper, the engineers over at

> Perkins have been quietly redesigning and improving the most solid, most

> reliable, and most fundamental access tool of them all.

Eileen Connell Berger
Assistant Director
Office of Student Affairs,
Access and Disability Services Administrator
Harvard University
Graduate School of Education
Larsen Hall G05
14 Appian Way,
Cambridge, Ma. 02138
phone: 617 495 5838
fax: 617 496 8024
bergerei at gse.harvard.edu

This message is intended for the designated recipient(s). It may contain
confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to
confidentiality protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you may
not review copy or distribute this message. If you receive this in error,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.