[Athen] Repost: Looking for Testers for Free Statistics Software

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Tue Sep 23 13:37:25 PDT 2008

Dear Colleague,

I'm looking for faculty and students to help me Beta test my new Statistics
Tutorial Software. Any comments with suggestions for improvements, new
topics to cover, etc.
are especially needed.

The software which is free and can be used with any Introductory Statistics
text and is quite different from current programs.

The software allows students to enter data, but instead of just crunching
the numbers and showing the result, the student sees the step by step method
to do a variety of things from graphs to t-tests.

The graphs are perfect for class Projects as they can be copied to the
clipboard and pasted into an MS Word document.

Also included are random problems with step by step solutions in topics on
the Normal Curve, Central Limit Theorem, Confidence Intervals, Correlation,
Regression, etc.

The software is called Math911 and can be downloaded from my web site
www.math911.com

Again, the software is free with no obligations for both faculty and
students. Once installed, it is fully functional and does not require
registration.

Math911 has been around since 1990 when it was called 'Algebrax.'
Renamed Math911 in 1998, it is best used on home computers.
However, a network version is available for Learning Centers, also without
cost. Please call for details.

Thank you for your help.

weissman at essex.edu
Prof Martin Weissman
Mathematics Dept.
Essex County College
Newark, NJ 07102
1-347-528-7837

PS
Statistics is Chapter 12 on the Software Menu. If you do not teach
Statistics, please forward a copy of this email to a colleague.
Also, students might be interested in the 1st 11 chapters of Math911 which
cover Math courses from Pre Algebra through Pre Calculus.