[Athen] Kurzweil 3000 for Mac

Sean J Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 17 11:08:20 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I ran into an issue regarding K3000 ver. 4 for the Mac and supported
voices. I am running OS X 10.5 (Leopard).

Basically, I am unable to select the Alex voice as the preferred
text-to-speech voice for reading. Other voices are available (e.g.,
Bruce, Victoria, Agnes), but Alex is not available for selection.

The Kurzweil website has little to no information about the issue other
than a statement indicating the recommended voices are Bruce, Victoria,
and Agnes (http://tinyurl.com/ctyokn). The previous page, however, has
not been updated since March, 2004.

Anyone have any information about the lack of support of the Alex voice
in K3000 ver. 4 for the Mac?

Take care,
sean