[Athen] Lotus iNotes Ultra-Lite for the iPhone

Jeffrey Dell jeffreydell99 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 09:53:12 PDT 2009

Hello

I just recently got an iPhone 3G S. I'm loving it so far. The only
thing I don't have access to that I would like is the video games with
VO. I would love to play free games like frogger, pacman, and the
popping bubble wrap game. Oh well you don't always get what you want.

One of my planned uses was to manage my calendar that is on a Domino
Lotus platform. That is not completely possible but If ound
information about iNotes Ultra-Lite. This version of their webmail is
watered down for mobile devices. One of the advertised benefits is
screen reader access. The most recent version of the client is
supposed to work in Mozilla Firefox as well as Safari mobile. Their
full version of their webmail does not work with screen readers at
all. This at least gives some level of access to the iNotes client.

I'm talking with my schools IT department to get this option
configured. It is included in the Domino 8.5 version for no
additional cost. Aside from Disability access, it costs nothing and
gives access to mobile devices. That should be a good argument for an
IT person. because they sure didn't seem to care when they
implemented a system that was not accessible.

It has many limitations but it does offer access to the e-mail,
contacts, and read access to the calendar. I just figutred that I
would send this along because there was some discussion about
accessible webmail systems earlier this summer.

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/lotus/products/inotes/ultralite/
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus/library/inotes-ultra/

Jeff Dell
Cleveland State University