[Athen] New VoiceOver 3.0 in Mac OS 10.6

Shelley Haven shelley at techpotential.net
Wed Aug 12 14:56:55 PDT 2009

No word from Apple, but according to Ricky Buchanan at ATMac.org,
iWork '09 is now almost fully accessible to VoiceOver users:
http://atmac.org/iwork-09-accessibility-overview/

Same conclusion reached by this blogger (full text below):
http://www.lioncourt.com/2009/01/06/iwork-09-becomes-accessible-with-voiceover/

- Shelley

iWork ‘09 Becomes Accessible with VoiceOver

The new iWork ‘09, which Apple released today, sports a slew of new
features, but the most impressive to VoiceOver users will be its
accessibility.

Apple’s come through for visually impaired users once again. This
powerful productivity suite has been beautifully set up to work well
with VoiceOver. Pages, Numbers, and Keynote all work well. Users can
even choose from the various templates included with the products,
each of which is labelled with helpful descriptions.

We believe that there will be a learning curve for those used to
creating documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in Windows with
Microsoft Office, but at this time, it appears that iWork ‘09 is fully
accessible.

Once again, we’d like to thank Apple for their commitment to
accessibility.