[Athen] where are you getting your accessibility info?

Jennison Mark Asuncion asuncion at alcor.concordia.ca
Sat Dec 5 07:06:22 PST 2009

Hello,

With social media becoming ever more popular, I'm personally curious where
folks are turning to most often when seeking accessibility-related information:
e-mail discussion lists, social media, or a combination of the two?

I've been a faithful e-mail discussion list user since I started using the
internet in the mid-90s. However, over the last few years, especially with the
advent of Twitter, I'm finding some of the richer accessibility info is being
communicated through social media. One of my concerns is that there may be a
gap that is growing in terms of accessibility info sharing based on which
channel folks use. Of course, who has the time to monitor and contribute to
everything

This is something I've been reflecting upon for a bit, and thought I'd take a
temperature check.

I'm asking a similar question on Twitter and LinkedIn as well. If folks are
interested, I can compile the answers I receive and share a high-level summary
in a few weeks.

Jennison

Jennison Asuncion
Co-Director, Adaptech Research Network http://www.adaptech.org