[Athen] Adobe Acrobat - What happened to the "Fields" tab?

Hausler,Jesse jhausler at cahs.colostate.edu
Wed Dec 9 10:50:35 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm making an accessible PDF form using Acrobat Pro 9.2, and it appears that both the Forms toolbar and the Fields tab are gone.

It forced me to use the LifeCycle designer to create the form, which I did. But then none of the form fields were in the document structure. I added them using the TouchUp Reading order tool.

The issue I'm facing now is that my tab order is inconsistent. I have triple checked the order of the form fields in the Tags, and I have specified in the "Page Properties" that it use the "Document Structure" for tab order.

My next step was to check the order of the form fields in Fields Tab, but alas.. it is not available in the menus under "Navigation Tabs".

I know that the goal was to move people from Acro-Forms to using LifeCycle Designer, but if LC does not add form fields to the tags, what's the point?
I also found that Tab order set in LC, does not translate when opening the form in Acrobat Pro. The help files and google send me to menus and options that don't exist.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jesse Hausler
Colorado State University