[Athen] Adobe Acrobat - What happened to the "Fields" tab?

Sean J Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 9 14:32:10 PST 2009

> Is this just another example of where the Accessibility
> check in Acrobat is flawed? Or is there something else
> up with this form?

As Karen mentioned, it is not yet possible to run the Accessibility
Check on the LCD PDF.

To test reading order and to determine what information will be spoken
to a screen-reader, I take the form and save it as Text (Accessible) -
this is under File on the menu bar and then Export. While it is not a
complete test, it does provide a quick check as to what may be error
points if the PDF is to be used to text-to-speech processing.

As it was explained to me, LCD forms are not like Acroforms (Acrobat
forms) and while they both can be displayed by Adobe Acrobat/Reader,
they are fundamentally different. Thus, some of the tools in Acrobat
are not functional with LCD forms.

Take care,
Sean