[Athen] Best practise for threads in discussions.

Crabb, Nolan Crabb.15 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 6 05:55:44 PST 2009

The original writer asked about best practices for message threading and
screen reader use.

My all-time favorite way to do this is to summarize in one sentence if
at all possible what the previous message said, then comment below that
summary. By so doing, I accomplish a couple of things. First, I save
time and bandwidth by not including the reply of the original poster;
second, if my summary is inaccurate, the original poster often feels
compelled to reply with corrections, which can be helpful.

Regards,

Nolan

Nolan Crabb
Director of Assistive Technology
The Ohio State University
2054 Drake Center, 1849 Cannon Dr., Columbus, OH 43210

Ph. (614) 735-8688
E-mail: crabb.15 at osu.edu