[Athen] Webinar on AFB survey on e-learning accessibility

Prof Norm Coombs norm.coombs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 08:13:04 PST 2009

EASI Webinar: Distance Learning: How Accessible are Online Educational
Tools. Public Webinar on Wednesday. February 25 at 2 PM Eastern
Presenters: Dr. Stacy Kelly, Policy Research Associate, American Foundation
for the Blind.
Mark Richert, Esq., Director, Public Policy, American Foundation for the Blind.
The American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) explored ways in which popular
online educational tools can be made more accessible with the help of
nearly 100 individuals who recently completed our online survey. Findings
indicated the most important and necessary features of online educational
tools present significant problems for those using assistive technology
such as screen reading or screen magnification software.
In this webinar, we will be discussing the AFB Distance Learning Survey
results
You can register for this public Webinar from the EASI Webinar page:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm

***** Note that in March EASI has a month-long, instructor-led course
taught through Blackboard on accessible e-learning. Read more and register
for this tuition-based course at:
http://easi.cc/workshops/bfel.htm

Norm