[Athen] feedback on change of venue for Accessing Higher Ground 2009

Hadi Rangin hadi at uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 27 12:47:55 PST 2009

Hi Howard,

I am glad that you are moving the conference to a new hotel and closer to
Denver airport. I don't know how many times I was at Millennium but I had
always to find my way around especially if you got a hotel on the other side
of conference area.

I am pretty sure that you are working hard to find the best place suitable
for everyone that meets all the conference requirements. To my experience, a
conference area/hotel should meet the following requirements. I was able to
verify some of the requirements by the hotel in question but I am not sure
about others:

1. Dedicated Airport shuttle/publically available shuttle
2. Easily accessible conference area from dedicated block of rooms
3. Reliable wireless service in the room/lobby/conference area
4. Accessible computer with attached printer for printing your boarding
pass; maybe AHG can setup one in the registration desk.
5. Hot breakfast with more healthy items on the menu
6. Walking distance to restaurants with more authentic foods
7. Accessible rooms with beds at the height to accommodate colleagues on
wheelchairs.

Thanks,
Hadi