[Athen] Server virtualization

Todd Schwanke tschwanke at wisc.edu
Fri Jan 30 10:47:59 PST 2009

We use server based licenses for JAWS and other AT programs, and those live on a virtual server. My understanding is that the hardware associated with that virtual server changes more frequently than if it weren't virtualized. When the hardware changes he ends up having to call FS each time because the JAWS license keys no longer work. I'm not sure what virtualization system they are using. Other than the above problem it seems to be working well.

-Todd