[Athen] Synchronizing bookmarks

Hadi Rangin hadi at illinois.edu
Thu Jul 30 11:19:08 PDT 2009

Hello,

Synchronizing bookmarks/favorites across different browsers and computers
has been always a problem for me and very likely for some of you too. After
trying several plug-ins, small applications, and methods I finally found a
software that resolved my problem.
the magic solution is a free software from XMarks (http://xmarks.com).
It comes as a plug-in for Firefox and as an small application for IE. It
supports also Opra but I don't know in what format it comes.

Using this software I was able to synchronize all my bookmarks/favorites
across IE and Firefox in 3 computers. Using a free account at xmarks.com
your favorites are uploaded to the XMarks server and your browser
synchronizes the local bookmarks with the server. The synchronization goes
in both direction; local to server and from server to local browser.

Enjoy it.

Hadi