[Athen] curious... Governor Schwarzenegger's recent press release regarding digital format

normajean.brand normajean.brand at hccs.edu
Thu Jun 11 13:51:45 PDT 2009

According to this press release, California will be converting textbooks
to digital format this August:

http://gov.ca.gov/index.php?/fact-sheet/12455/

I don't see anything in this press release about digital format for
post-secondary textbooks. Is there something else Governor
Schwarzenegger has in mind for college students? Some of our faculty are
pointing to this press release and asking the same kinds of questions
and are looking, perhaps, for Texas to follow suit. One of our problems
is our adoption of heavily customized textbooks even within the
district.

Regards,
Norma Jean

NJ Brand