[Athen] question about PDF OCR

Prof Norm Coombs norm.coombs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:34:32 PDT 2009

I know there is software that will take a PDF document and give me a
different file type. My specific question however is this.
Occasionally I come across a PDF document that is image only. Is there
simple software without my purchasing Acrobat or such complex applications
that will take a PDF image file, run OCR on it and extract the text either
as a txt file or Doc format?

I don't want to buy or learn some complex application?

Norm

Norman Coombs norm.coombs at gmail.com
CEO EASI Equal Access to Software and Information
phone (949) 855-4852 (NOTE pacific time zone)
****READ ABOUT THE DICK BANKS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP:
http://easi.cc/scholarship.htm