[Athen] SPSS and JAWS

John Gardner john.gardner at orst.edu
Mon Jun 22 14:29:44 PDT 2009

Hello James. This subject is discussed frequently on the Blind Math
list. Yes SPS works with Jaws, but no it is not useful. At least that
is my synthesis of the discussions. As seems common these days, SPS is
accessible only in principle. ie it's nearly impossible to use unless
you are a real computer geek. And if you are really a computer geek,
you use "R" instead. It is free, works great, and is really accessible.
Jonathan Godfrey, a blind faculty member from New Zealand, is the
lists's R expert, and I'm happy to put you in contact if you need help
with R.

John