[Athen] CD Player?

Henley, Elizabeth E.Henley at snhu.edu
Tue Jun 30 11:21:06 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I had a request from a staff member who's looking for a CD player for a relative that I was hoping someone would have a suggestion for. She's looking for a very simple CD player that's just on and off basically, but that if she's listening to an audio book on CD, when she turns it off and then back on again it'll start right back up in the same spot. She's really looking for a cassette tape player replacement in those regards. The only CD players I really work with are ones to use with books from RFB&D. However, what she's accessing are just commercial audio books, not DAISY format, and doesn't want to have to set bookmarks. The CD player would also need to have big buttons, as she has low vision. Any ideas? The only items I'm coming up for are ones that do bookmarks, DAISY books, or would require her to jump to tracks, nothing that would start back up again at the same point it was when she stopped and turned it off.

Thanks,
Liz

Liz Henley
Assistant Director, Office of Disability Services
Southern New Hampshire University
2500 North River Rd
Manchester, NH 03106
(603) 668-2211, ext. 2118