[Athen] Survey Monkey and Accessibility

Burke, Dan (DSS) burke at mso.umt.edu
Thu Mar 12 09:55:39 PDT 2009

Thanks Melanie, I will.

Dan

Daniel J. Burke
Assistant Director/Coordinator
Disability Services for Students
Emma B. Lommasson 154
The University of Montana
Missoula, MT 59812

www.umt.edu/dss/

406.243.2243 voice/text
406.243.4424 direct line
406.243.5330 fax

-----Original Message-----
From: athen-bounces at athenpro.org [mailto:athen-bounces at athenpro.org] On
Behalf Of Melanie Thornton
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 10:14 AM
To: Access Technology Higher Education Network
Subject: Re: [Athen] Survey Monkey and Accessibility

Thank you, Dan. I've had concerns about this as well.

I've found Survey Gizmo to still do a bit better...and to have more
flexibility in terms of inserting instructions to the user.

But they each have their issues.

You might consider contacting Jim Thatcher
(http://www.jimthatcher.com/index.htm) as he was their consultant on
this and since his name is listed in their guide, I'm sure he'd be
interested in knowing the barriers that still exist. He likely has
their ear.

Melanie